|Website + newsletter + Instagram|
#NarcissusMeetsPandora: young people’s portraits on social media!
#NarcissusMeetsPandora is an innovative Erasmus+ project. Starting from an everyday habit for young people – sharing portraits and “selfies” – we will create arts-based activities and digital tools.
We will work on visual and digital literacy + citizenship issues related to images in social networks.
Follow us in INSTAGRAM: instagram.com/nmp_narcissusmeetspandora
|LEARN MORE AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!|
EUROPEAN ART EDUCATION BULLETIN – June 2021
InSEA organizational member LAT-SEA invites InSEA members to spread out a call for entries to the 10th International Children & Youth Art Exhibition. Please share this info your schools; teachers and students around the world! Participants shall submit digitalised images (photos or scans)
The exhibition will be in Riga, July of 2020, during the XII Latvian School Youth Song and Dance Festival
The topic of the exhibition shall be values important to children and the youth gathered in a “brooch” (ancient Latvian adornment mentioned in folk songs; an element of the national costume used to pin together and decorate clothing; adornment as an amulet with a protective function; an adornment that reflects one’s social status) through its visual and associative interpretation by creating displays in the city environment and virtual space.
The elections for the new board of the European regional Board will start according to the following procedures:
- Announcing the Procedures: December 2019 (ERC newsletter, ERC webpage and by email to European members)
- Candidates’ application period: from the 10th January 2020 until the 10 February 2020
- Sending the online ballot information (ERC newsletter, ERC webpage and by email to European members)
- Election period: online ballot: from 10 March 2020 until 31 March 2020
- Scrutineer period: May 2020
- Announcing the results: 30 May 2020 (ERC newsletter and ERC webpage)
- The New Board takes office: Formal announcement during the ERC meeting at the European Regional congress in Spain – 6-9 july 2020
We are now staring the process of candidates application. Every current InSEA member from Europe can apply to stand for the ERC Board.
To consider your application, please read the Regional Council Bylaws.
ERC Board members are expected to :
- attend regular online meetings (ERC Board);
- attend local events and disseminate InSEA talking to non InSEA members and organisations about InSEA services;
- to promote cooperation between national art education organisations; InSEA affiliated organisations and InSEA members in Europe;
- collect information about local and international activities or publications in the field of art education in Europe and share it with the Regional Council members through ERC webpage and ERC newsletter;
- help to organize InSEA events in Europe;
- integrate ERC as a partner of EU Projects in the fields of culture; creativity; sustainability; citizenship; peace education; youth and long life education.
If you wish to apply for the ERC Board (2020-2022), please fill the form at http://insea.org/erc-elections-20-22-candidates
European InSEA Congress – Baeza, Jaén
If we have solutions, our intention is not to dictate them. If we have answers, our intention is not to impose them. We want to be radical in the way we make actions. Art education blurs and vanish when we forget that its core is the artistic action. In educational contexts, we have to often turned artistic practice into an adjective. Other times we transformed it in a goal or any other complement. Artistic practice is educational per se. The artistic action serves on the same dish the content and the form in which content is shaped; and that’s why its action is doubly effective.
What we propose, being radicals, is to bring artistic action to the foreground. We don’t want to talk about art or art education, we want to make it. Through the process of making; the process is internalized and we are credible if what we are claiming for is what we carry inside us.
Because of all this, the axis of the congress is the format of the participation: let’s not talk about art education using scholastic ways do communication, let’s share by doing it. In this way the participation and the organizational structure of the congress, are articulated around action as theoretical development.
The central theme of the congress is, therefore, the same: the action is always iniciated with a starting point. Plenary sessions are actions that reflectively develop a concept, but always based on the action. Presentations will be real actions or graphic, videographic or audio evidence of actions.
At the end of the congress, the closing sessions will engage participants in collective dialogue and reflection. Other sub-themes of the congress will be all those we always bring, no matter what is proposed. Our social commitments, the nature, the technologies. Through art everything is connected, consequently, every theme can be important.
Therefore, the invitation to participate in this congress is a call to bring our experiences of art and education or artistic education through our own experience of art or education.
ERC InSEA participation in the European funded project CARE (Visual art education in new times: Connecting Art with REal life issues / 2019-1-CY01-KA203-058258)
Project CARE is about enhancing visual arts education with education for sustainable development elements that will promote creative thinking, critical and systemic thinking, reflection and development of skills, attitudes and values. It is coordinated by Victoria Pavlou, Frederick University, Cyprus. Partners include, apart from European Regional Council InSEA, the University of Malta (Malta), the University of Exeter (UK) and the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece). The project will start on November, 2019 and it will last 30 months. Further information will be available through the coordinator’s webpage, www.frederick.ac.cy after the beginning of the project.